Dr. Brown offers professional development workshops for teachers and school administrators:
- Inquiry Based Learning Throughout the Core Curriculum – Participants learn how to engage students by creating a classroom culture of questioning and experimentation with their peers. (Danielson Framework Alignment: 1a, 1c, 1d ,1e, 2b, 3a, 3b, 3c, 3d, 3e)
- Integrating Technology in Teaching and Learning – Participants learn how to use technology tools to increase proficiency in their practice while increasing student achievement. (Danielson Framework Alignment: 2b, 3a, 3b, 3c, 3d, 3e)
- Flipping Instruction – Teachers will learn how to design and produce lessons that students can learn online at home. Teachers will also learn how to maximize their classroom instructional time by developing meaningful and complimentary classroom activities. (Danielson Framework Alignment: 1a, 1b, 1c, 1d, 1e, 2b, 3a, 3b, 3c, 3d, 3e)
- Differentiate Instruction Through Blended Learning – As an alternative to flipping the classroom, teachers will learn how to blend instruction in an effort to differentiate instruction and to capitalize on instructional time in the classroom. (Danielson Framework Alignment: 1a, 1b, 1c, 1d, 1e, 2b, 2c, 2d, 2e, 3a, 3b, 3c, 3d, 3e)
- Formative Assessments: Why? and How? – Teachers will learn how to design and use formative assessments to increase student achievement on a daily basis. (Danielson Framework Alignment: 1a, 1b, 1c, 1e, 1f, 2b, 3a, 3b, 3d, 3e, 4a, 4b)
These workshops can be customized to meet the needs and size of your organization.
Dr. Brown can design curriculum for any core subject and grade level. Lesson plans, pacing guides, and curriculum materials can be provided in hard copy, as well as, hosted online. Pre- and post-assessments can also be constructed to assess students’ growth after curriculum exposure.
Dr. Brown specializes in designing curriculum for middle school math. Some of her materials may be purchased through her online store that is hosted on Teachers Pay Teachers. Recently Dr. Brown partnered with Tashena Chumrley and started The Teachers’ Lounge. They have been working tirelessly to produce middle school math curriculum materials that is aligned to the Common Core. They will be launching their site on Teachers Pay Teachers in the fall of 2014.
Subscribe to Dr. Brown’s blog to receive free curriculum materials and ideas when posted and to get updated information about new materials she publishes.
Dr. Brown can collect and organize academic, demographic, perception, and processing data to determine the effectiveness of programs. Once a needs analysis is conducted, Dr. Brown can show your organization how to develop and strengthen its systems and program offerings. Dr. Brown utilizes the following process to evaluate programs: